Monday, 07 January 2013
Maggiore’s fleet consists of approximately 14,000 vehicles of the best brands, with a wide choice of models. From a fun city car, a SUV or a Station Wagon, to a company sedan, Maggiore’s cars are all new and undergo stringent periodic checks, guaranteeing the highest level of safety and comfort, for a journey in total relaxation.
When you choose to travel long distances in your own car, especially if it is a few years old, it is useful to know that:
- The tyres must have a tread of at least 1.6 mm and, if they are slightly deflated, there is less stability on bends, making the vehicle unsafe;
- Shock absorbers ensure constant contact between the tyres and the road. If they are uncharged, they produce instability on bends and when braking;
- It is essential to check brakes, brake pads and fluid level;
- It is useful to check that the most important lights are functioning: direction indicators, brake lights, tail and side lights and headlights, also to avoid heavy fines;
- A dirty windshield, especially on the inside, causes severe visibility problems at night or at dusk, when the Sun is low or the headlights of other vehicles create a glare that is difficult to overcome.
Of course, one must never forget to keep the entire vehicle in good working order, particularly the engine. A sudden failure can not only ruin the pleasure of your trip and cause inconvenience, but may require an emergency stop in a situation of danger.